Discover the differences between Blanton’s vs Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel in this in-depth comparison and decide which Whiskey is better for You!
Blanton’s Single Barrel
|Nose||Vanilla, caramel, oak, old leather|
|Palate||Creamy vanilla, honeyed, baking spice, oak|
|Finish||Long, honey, brown sugar, caramel|
|Alcohol content||93 proof (46.5% ABV)|
|How to drink||Neat|
|Similar to||Widow Jane, Blade & Bow|
Nose is rich in honey and caramel, with an old leather hint and a whiff of oak coming behind.
On the palate, Blanton’s offers traditional bourbon flavors, is rich in butterscotch, vanilla and moderate rye spice only than richer and creamier than your typical bourbon.
The Blanton’s Single Barrel is just so smooth with the right amount of sweetness and oak making a super easy yet complex and interesting pour.
The finish is long, sweet and pleasantly warm with a bit of a NyQuil note coming late to the party.
Blanton’s Single Barrel is worth the hype, this is a super smooth and perfectly balanced bourbon with a creamy body making an entirely rewarding sipper; the best of all is that it is still reasonably priced and widely available.
Blanton’s Single Barrel drinks beautifully neat with no need to add water or ice to it.
There are a few facts worth knowing about Blanton’s Single Barrel:
- Mash bill is undisclosed but apparently carries 15% rye in the mash.
- Blanton’s Single Barrel does not have an age statement but is typically aged for 6 to 8 years.
- Earned the Double Gold Medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition in 2012.
- Named “liquid gold” in Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible.
Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof
|Nose||Ethanol, banana, caramel|
|Palate||Banana, brown sugar, vanilla, spice|
|Finish||Long, banana, spice|
|Alcohol content||130 proof (65% ABV)|
|How to drink||Add water|
|Similar to||Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Select|
The nose kicks-off with a hit of ethanol that fades into banana and caramel as you let it breathe.
On the palate, the Single Barrel Barrel Proof has a nice creamy feel as the body has a good texture.
First sip feels warm, rich in candied banana, vanilla and fair amount of spice giving balance to the pour.
The finish is long and warm, with more banana sweetness and spice.
It definitely feels warm on the palate and the finish, although it gets better with a dash of water as it tunes down the heat by a notch.
Despite its warmth this is a nice whiskey (not a bourbon) and the best Jack Daniel’s bottle.
It offers some of the traditional Jack Daniel’s flavors, but not the ugly notes of the cheaper offerings.
It has a good creamy body, while sweetness is well balanced against rich spicy notes making a satisfying whiskey for those fond of warm drams.
Overall, this is a good Barrel Proof whiskey, not the best in its class but quite competent and a must-try for fans of Jack Daniel’s.
There are a few facts worth knowing about the Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof:
- Aged between 4 and 7 years.
- Single Barrel uses an 80% corn, 8% rye, and 12% malted barley mash bill.
- Jack Daniel’s is owned by Brown-Forman, along Old Forester Bourbon and Woodford Reserve Bourbon; each whiskey is crafted independently.
Blanton’s vs Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel: Price comparison
Prices are approximate and stated in USD:
|Blanton’s Single Barrel||$131|
|Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel||$68|
Blanton’s vs Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel: Which is better?
Blanton’s is supremely good
|Whiskey||Blanton’s||Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel|
- Blanton’s is the best bourbon for the normal wallet.
- This pour is incredibly rewarding as everything is in perfect balance, making a tasty, yet smooth satisfying whiskey.
- Something well worth trying.
- Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel is a more punchy dram, the best Jack Daniel’s whiskey and a massive improvement over the regular.
- Drinks warmer but a dash of water makes it more approachable.
- Price delivers great value for the money making a must-have for Jack Daniel’s fans.
I am a bar and liquor shop owner in Oaxaca, Mexico where I have tasted hundreds of different spirits; perhaps more than I should!